Monday, June 16, 2008

Week 1 / Thing 1 & 2

#1
I am excited to finally get some hands on experience utilizing Web 2.0 tools. It's often hard for me to justify spending so much time on the computer, but taking this class will hopefully help me overcome that idea. I've created blogs in the past for classes I've taken and I would really like to incorporate learning blogs for students to use via my library web page.

#2
I enjoyed listening to the 7 1/2 Habits...Lifelong Learners. It's a great insight/refresher on what lifelong learners do to keep the knowledge flowing.
My weakness is probably viewing problems as challenges or new learning opportunities. I get frustrated/stuck on problems and it takes some effort to see it as a learning opportunity. So I continue to change the way I approach problems and it seems to be helping.
My strength is probably creating my own toolbox. I love to learn, take classes, have discussions with others, and add resources to my learning.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I hope this class will present you with a number of new tools for your toolbox. I encourage you to read the other students' blogs. They already are full of new ideas and applications for some of these tools. And please share with the group any discoveries you find.