Monday, June 16, 2008

Week 2: Thing 3 & 4

Yeah!!! I created my blog, added my Avatar.....
But I have to say, it took a little learning and lots of patience!
I had fun creating the Avatar, and think it's a great way to post a picture without using a real photo. I am leary of posting actual photos on the web, something we teach our students to be cautious of with Internet Safety. I had trouble getting the site to save my Avatar, it took 4 tries before the Avatar finally took. Which brings me back to my "time" issue I have with using technology. It's great....when it works! =]
Creating the blog was much more successful and after re-reading the directions slowly, I finally got my Avatar uploaded to my blog! Hurray!
Only thing left is to email my blog address to the RavenWeb2.0 Team.
Whew!

I just resent my blog address to the Raven Web 2.o Team, I hope it gets through. Now I am off to investigate Flickr. =]

3 comments:

Katie said...

Sorry to hear it took so long for your avatar to save. I do like what you created. I know I spent waaaay too long playing with making mine and then tried another site as well. That one is called Meez.com. If you read the other blogs I believe another recommended product is TekTek. I'm not suggesting you spend more time trying them out. It is just good to know there are other options if one isn't working well so if you choose to use them with students they have some choices.

Technology can seem pretty fickle at times, especially if one is in a hurry. I enjoy having these class opportunities to play.

BOOKIE said...

I love your avatar. I know what you mean in terms of the instructions not being as step-by-step easy as I had expected. I am excited about the class but am stuck on Week 3 as I cannot get my web image to show in my post. {{{{sigh}}}} After 2 hours of trying to get it to post, I am moving on to the next "thing." Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Your avatar is so cute! Did you read what Cyndi J said about the avatars? I wish the choices in them were more reflective of what I think I look like: gray hair, chubby, glasses. Instead I end up looking like a Barbie doll.
Instead of avatars, I like using a manipulated image of me. That way, my image is posted, but who would really know it's me?
Elaine D.