Saturday, July 19, 2008

Week 5, #11

Well I checked out a bunch of various tools. It was fun. I liked the I'm Cooked site where you can create a video of favorite recipes and share with others. Pumpkin Brulee, YUM!
Then I looked through the VuFind where the "library OPAC meets Web 2.0". It works with many interfaces--including SIRSI. It's free, allows you to choose how your web catalog can look, offers images and reviews from Amazon and...well you'll have to see for yourself. I think it will be useful for us to take a look at as our district is searching for a new/updated interface to replace WebCat. Then played the travel game and am glad to be reminded of how much I've forgotten since who knows when! =]
I also visited a site called Twitter. Not sure if I agree with using this, as I do not care to know or share every little mundane detail of daily "happenings" with others. But if you are into this form of social networking, go for it! I however must worry about finding time to get my 30 minutes of daily physical activity so as to turn my gluteus maximus to gluteus minimus. I wonder when they will invent a holder to attach my laptop to my elliptical trainer?

No comments: