Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Week 9, Thing #23

That was a creative video on Fair Use. Seems like there is also a hidden message for Disney. It would be nice to use it with students and staff, but is very choppy and I don't know if students could understand it the first time through. I'm glad to see that a company such as Creative Commons exist to help people out who are creating some pretty neat multimedia projects.
As for the class, it was amazing. I learned so many new "things" and feel ready to share it with our staff and students. I have a better understanding about Web 2.0 and the variety of tools available to reach our students. As mentioned by other bloggers, I was glad that I participated in the class this summer due to the weather. BUT it was hard to sit at the computer for hours and having my dogs sit with their faces wondering when we were going to go out and play. We made it through.
The blogging format made it easy for discussions and I enjoyed reading up on what my fellow colleagues are doing with technology. They helped me get a better understanding of certain concepts. One idea I'd suggest: when clicking on links from the RAW 2.0 site, it would be nice if the links could open in a new page. There was a lot of back and forth which made it difficult when trying to pinpoint the next step of "things" to work on.
Thank you Ann and Katie for making RAW 2.0 possible this summer.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thanks so much for participating and also for your feedback. I think this course has been so much richer than many classes I've been involved with just because of the interaction. Yes, regular classes have discussions but somehow the comments about problems addressed right at the problem seems more helpful.

On having the links open in a new page, I use Firefox and am on a Mac but I think PC's have an equivalent key, but if I hold down the "open apple" key when I click on a link it opens the link in a new tab. If I hold down the option key I can choose to open it in a new window. It is very handy, tho I will sometimes have a dozen tabs open at once and my son goes "MOMMM...what ARE you doing????"